HOSTING A FREEDOM or GOD IS OUR REFUGE DISCUSSION GROUP
What typically happens in discussion groups?
Discussion groups typically meet weekly in homes, coffee shops or lunchrooms. Each participant reads the material on their own, then comes together to share their life experiences, what they are learning, and how to apply these truths to their lives. Groups are also encouraged to take time to worship together, pray for each other, and read the Bible.
This winter's sermon series is God is our Refuge. It will be held from January 29 to March 5, 2023. Click here for more details on this study.
A group host doesn’t need to know all the answers or be a spiritual superstar. Hosts simply guide the group’s “life application conversations.” Discussion questions are provided. Additional content is also provided weekly by Petra Small Groups Ministry to help make hosting user friendly.
How do I form a group with my friends?
You decide who you want to invite; where and when you want to meet together.
Step 1. Simply sign up to receive weekly emails from Petra.
Step 2. Start inviting your friends to your group.
Is my group open to the public?
Only if you want it to be. If you'd like help getting other people to join your group, you can start a conversation with Pastor Matt Kauffman. Ask him any question, or simply email the following information to get started.
Email the following information to
- Are you interested in hosting a Freedom or a God is our Refuge Group?
- WHEN do you want your group to meet: Day & Time?
- WHERE do you want to meet and how many can fit?
- WHO do you want to invite? 5-10 people are suggested.
To help you successfully launch your “private” or “open” Discussion group, join our group leader launch meeting:
- Our LEADER LAUNCH meeting will be in the Belong Room on January 22. We will meet following the second service, beginning at 12:45 until approximately 3:30. Register Here!